SBX: Invasion Update 1.1 Notes:
- Reworked Title and Level Select Screens. Reduced the amount of fonts used to make it more cohesive and thematic.
- Moved the Sell Building Key from 'S' to 'Q'. People were having a lot of trouble with hitting the 'S' key while flying around, so 'S' now does nothing and 'Q' is used to sell buildings.
- Added mini graphics to buttons. Some buttons will now have a small graphic in the corner specifying the hot key. This is implemented for Upgrade and Sell buttons currently.
- New sounds for selling and upgrading buildings. I'm adding various sound effects to buildings when you upgrade them or sell them. (No longer just explode).
- Improving Options UI functionality - specifically with the slider bars. I want to add in click on bar functionality to it so you don't have to click and drag the slider every time.
- Increasing time between waves on Easy and Normal modes for Levels 1-6 and adding a Next Wave button in the last few seconds of each wave. There wasn't enough time for newer players to rebuild and figure things out between waves, so on the early levels I increased the time between waves to give more time to explore the UI and rebuild after intense waves. The Next Wave button will be there to speed the process up if the player gets bored.
- Improve repair drone functionality -- Repair drones tend to get stuck with path finding and use a lot of resources, so what I'm planning to do is remove path finding all together and remove collision and let them fly 'over' the fortifications to repair them. This will make them not get stuck as often and will use less resources (they have a really complicated system for locating buildings and then checking if there is a path to anywhere within 3 radii, etc, etc it was too complicated.)
So here are some screen shots of the old vs new title screen and level select so you have an idea of the new graphical polish that's being added:
Old Title Screen:
Old Level Select:
NEW Title Screen:
NEW Level Select:
As you can see it's not a MASSIVE change, but it does bring it together a little better and makes it feel a little more retro.
Also SBX: Invasion is 50% off on Indie Game Stand for CYBER MONDAY: Woot Woot!
Check it out here: https://indiegamestand.com/store/675/sbx-invasion-base-defense/